1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winlogon.exe takes forever to load at startup. Odd problem?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by SilasX, Feb 22, 2007.

1. SilasX

SilasX Member

Well, this is a new one. I've never actually had a problem with Windows that I couldn't fix myself, but this one is completely beyond me.

Recently, my computer has adopted some very strange behavior at bootup. It loads Windows as fast as it ever did before, until it gets to the stage where it would usually load firewall, network connections, and internet connections.

Though it still works as normal even after this point, I cannot access "My Computer", the C Drive accesses slowly, no processes have been assigned to SYSTEM or my user name, and nothing happens in these areas until winlogon has finished loading. Then the three programs above (Specifically Outpost Firewall, DELL Wireless, and Wireless Connection 1) load simultaneously and everything returns to normal.

I've narrowed it down (using Services.msc and What's Running?) to winlogon.exe, and I just can't get it to load like it used to. Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

As always, many thanks in advance!

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

U might try bootvis