1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winpwn ran into an error! help!

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Leafs420, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Leafs420

Leafs420 Member

I have a iphone 3g

I was running the winpwn program, and after the button holding section, and it looked like it was done pwning.... then it said it ran into an error and just crashed... my phone is just illuminated but nothing on the screen

I installed itunes8 initially, then realized I needed 7.7 so I uninstalled 8 and reinstalled 7.7. Then I think the program crashed when it tried to run itunes, cause it says "the file Itunes library.it cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of ITunes....

can somebody help me please? Im freaking out a bit... any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you!

2. Leafs420

Leafs420 Member

luckily after some time, the phone shut itself off and when I turned it on, it seems as if things are the way it was before

quite a scare

but i'd still like to jailbreak this phone so I can add some apps...

any tips on what was wrong? as for that itunes library.it file, I found it and deleted it. Itunes 7.7 seems to work fine now. I tried to jailbreak it again and the same thing happened. After the button holding part, I get into DFU mode, then it has some error

any help would be greatly appreciated

3. robbo94

robbo94 Guest

are you using winpwn 2.5.als i think the screen is meant to go white when in dfu mode. try watching some youtube videos there are some very usful ones to guide you through it.