1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winRAR confusing me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GoneHome, Feb 27, 2007.

1. GoneHome

GoneHome Guest

I am a newbie, I admit, so I apologise if this just frustrates you all. I usually only download DivX things, because I know what to do with them, and my DVD player will play them. I assumed DivX meant I would be avoiding the whole rar issue. But something the other day seems to be a rar file (it has r01-r48, then some extra things on the end). So I follow the winrRAR guides, and it seems to be successful, but it is still all separate files. I read somewhere else about extracting it again from there, which doesn't help. I think I have read all the guides out there, but I must be missing something. I want it on a DVD. What do I do?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

What happened with the r01 r02 files etc? What was inside them? What was the extra things? Were they PAR2 files?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  3. GoneHome

GoneHome Guest

I found out what was wrong. I was trying to extract the whole thing, instead of just the rar file within that. It all makes sense now...

Thanks for the reply though.