1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINRAR FILES NOT EXTRACTING CORRECTLY

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by bofster, Oct 18, 2007.

1. bofster

bofster Guest

I have downloaded various films and extracted the WINRAR files no probs which as left me with a WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER file or VIDEO & AUDIO TS FILES of which I have burned okay, BUT I have a few films etc that when I extract the WINRARS no other format seems to appear e.g VIDEO TS ETC, I just get the same old WINRARS !!!!
    When I open ConvertXtoDVD the files are not recognised and I am unable to burn to disc.
    plse help and advice would be great

2. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

I am having a similar problem. When I extact, I just get more WINRARS. It does say it contains a media file but it has (.ts) on the end (e.g., GOM Media file (.ts)) so it is unplayable.

Actually, when I click "View file", WinRAR prompts me for a password.

I tried pasting a pic here but could not figure out the "Add image" function.

I reinstalled WinRAR but that didn't help.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

why aren't people getting this simple old problem with winrar? It's been around for at least 15 years!!!!!!.. when installed it selects media files like disk images .iso and .jar as bloody rar files.. stupid microsucks decide you don't need to know a file extension so all you get is a damn pretty picture of a rar file.. go to weinrar file associations (it's in the retarded settings for the program) and unselect all the .iso and .jar and anything else which IS NOT an archive.. then you can see what you have after unpacking.. chances are you lot are unpacking disk images which are ready for burning into their component parts destroying the intent of the uploader to give you a simple "unpack and burn" method.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. tanlocmedia

tanlocmedia Member

that good idea !

Thanks you so much!!