1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winrar producing error

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by aitebar82, Apr 15, 2007.

1. aitebar82

aitebar82 Member

Hello folks,

I was downloading a .rar extension of mininova for the game Command & Conquer 3. Its approx. 7gigs. The download was done using uTorrent and it is 100% completed, however when I attempt to extract using WinRAR I receive the following error msg

"the archive is either unknown format or damaged"

I have attempted to re-attach the torrent file to see if maybe I did not download the complete file. This is not the case as I am again seeing a 100% download. Secondly, I have made sure that the extension of the file is .rar and not something else. Lastly, I did attempt to move the folder from the download folder to the desktop and recvd the same error. Also changed the extension to .iso but it still would not open up.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and successfully extracted other .rar files. Any suggestions?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

It could well be a fake deliberately planted by the copyright owners, or on their behalf. The idea is to discourage people from using p2p to get illegal copies of games or movies. I know it's easy to forget that you're supposed to pay for them really!