1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winRAR

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by polskijo, Jul 27, 2005.

1. polskijo

polskijo Member

I only really need winRAR to decompress 1 file, so if I get a free trial run for 40 days will i not need it again or will I need winRAR everytime I need to open that file? Plees reply asap!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

if you extract what is in the rar file and put it somewhere, then you wont need it again. you should also be able to use winzip for this.

3. polskijo

polskijo Member

It first came as a zip file so i'v used winzip to unzip it. are you saying i can use winzip instead of winrar to decompress it or do i need winRAR for that? i cant see any options with winzip to do this apart from when it asks me to open the file with it. Im confused!

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah just right click it and hit "open with" and tell it winzip, should be fine. if not the free trial of winrar should work fine.

5. polskijo

polskijo Member

ok thanx. its just that before (on a different file) when i've chosen winzip it didnt work. i now know it was because my winzip trial had run out, but the thing is once i chose winzip it didnt give me a chance to try a different program instead. (everytime i tried to open the file it failed and didnt even give me the option of opening it with a different program).

6. polskijo

polskijo Member

ok thanx. its just that before (on a different file) when i've chosen winzip it didnt work. i now know it was because my winzip trial had run out, but the thing is once i chose winzip it didnt give me a chance to try a different program instead. (everytime i tried to open the file it failed and didnt even give me the option of opening it with a different program).

7. polskijo

polskijo Member

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member