1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winTV PVR-150 - correct settings - request advise on software to use

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Makis, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Makis

Makis Member

hi all, Just bought the card yesterday and tried it out but I am not very happy with the quality I get and the scheduler that came with it is not really functional.
    I have a pentium 4 2.6Ghz with 512DDRmemory nvidia mx400 graphics card.
    The reason I bought this card was to watch and record TV programs on my PC, see how this thing works and just have fun with it.
    However the scheduler is not really handy as the timer is only reading hours from 1-12 no indication of "am" or "pm"
    Then the quality of the image I am getting on my screen is kind of blur especially when you see subtitles etc.
    I don't know anything of these type of things and I am just trying to explore this a bit since it seems so interesting. Any help/advice/tip is welcome

Thank you in advance

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

Try Windows Xp Media Center Edition. I am currently using it with the same card and i get great image quality.

But if you do not want to install a whole new operating system then try Beyond Tv. You can get a free test trial @ http://www.snapstream.com/

3. Makis

Makis Member

I will give the link a try.
    I dont think I will change the OS will be lots of work right now?

Thank you very much for your help :)