1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinTV2000 AVI File ...Burn How?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by nuttah, Jun 3, 2003.

1. nuttah

nuttah Member

Hey i was searching round the net and guys guys seem to know what you are talking about so I thought Id ask you.

My problem is that I have WinTV2000 and when I recored it its fine the video compressero i use from the list is a divx one. You can only save as a avi file when recoring of a program.

So after saving it I have a nice avi file... when i go to burn it i use nero my burner is a ..... 24x10x40 (if that means anything) it encodes it and burns and is ok. When watching sometimes the audio is a split second faster than the picture the movement and sound isn't quite insync.

Can any1 help me.... any tips or ideas????

Thanks

2. awesomejt

awesomejt Member

This is a common problem with encoding. Depending on the encoder and source and of course the software involved. I would recommend trying another encoder program before giving it to Nero.

I would recommend TMPGEnc which does a good job with encoding. Starting with an AVI is a good thing, so stick with that. You can always edit AVIs safely -- especially compared with lossy compression formats like DivX and MPEG.

Also, if TMPGEnc doesn't float your boat, download any number of free trial software that specialize in this.

Enjoy.