1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinXP 64 bit Cannot View blu-ray contents

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by shizzzon, Nov 21, 2008.

1. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

I have a test disc image i downloaded to see if Windows XP could view it because i heard a lot of people saying they couldnt view bluray contents with a UDF driver...

So, i mount the image with Daemon tools 4.1 and with Daemon Tools Lite 4.3 and it only shows as "CD Drive" in my computer with an error saying it is corrupted.

So... i then try to view it through UltraISO, it shows nothing in the image...

So, i'm assuming i need the UDF 2.5 driver.

When i got Toshiba's version, it says that it only supprots 32bit OS?!?!

I have searched and searched and searched and there is NO UDF driver for winxp 64bit?

How am i suppose to benefit with having winxp64 bit?

I need the driver now so i can test some guides I am doing with this image before i purchase a bluray reader but as of now, it looks like bluray doesnt work with winxp 64 bit.. this is Big News to me! Never heard that anywhere else...

There was word about some Panasonic drivers which work with my OS but apparently those must be illegal because they are password protected...

So, does anyone know how to view bluray content on WinXP 64 bit or is it secretly impossible?

2. AXT

AXT Guest

I have never heard of any UDF 2.5 drivers for XP 64 bit. Try asking around on doom9 forums maybe they will know something about it.

Unless you have more than 4GB of RAM you will not benefit that much by using 64bit OS. Besides there is too little support for it. Now if you had Vista 64bit it would be a different because Vista has UDF2.5 out of the box.

3. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

I fit the profile, hehe-

I hate Vista and i have more than 4gb of RAM.

Everything has worked fine with this setup except for this.

4. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

As of right now-

My current alternative is to use my 2nd pc running 32bit OS XP using toshiba drivers and using it to feed everything to the 64bit XP.