1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless cordless phone setup (NTL)

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by decster32, Jul 11, 2009.

1. decster32

decster32 Member

Hope this is the right place to post this....

I have just subscribed to ntl for broadband, digital tv and phone services. everything is working fine except the phone has to be plugged into the cable modem upstairs where my sons pc is situated, As you can imagine this is not ideal for the rest of us in the house so i was wondering is there a way i can setup another cordless phone downstairs to connect wirelesssly to the signal of the phone or modem upstairs without any additional wiring. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it has been hard to get someone from ntl to explain this properly to me so i can understand and address the problem.
    Thankyou so much to anyone who replies to this post... take care and have a nice day.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

You would have to put the base station of the phone near the primary phone connection.

You may need to get a commercial grade wireless phone system.

3. lambo101

lambo101 Member

Go into Argos or one of the big electronic stores and get yourself a digital cordelss twin handset. Replace the phone you have with the main handset where you can connect it to your modem, then just plug the other one into the mains downstrairs. You only need one phone point with those twin handsets.

4. decster32

decster32 Member

Thanks for the replies lads,,, i'll try the 2 handset phone solution in the next few days, thanks again.