1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless internet connection problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mtlaw01, Aug 19, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A router is surely creating a local area network, but wirelessly?

2. amylvr

amylvr Member

do you own a router mr morris?

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I did, and I set up a wireless network successfully, but the router i had was rubbish, so I reverted back to a USB modem. However, I did it all using the wireless network wizard.

4. amylvr

amylvr Member

ok

the router does make it easy to connect rather than pc to pc. it does the same job with a network cable or wireless. really its easy to setup i don't understand why the person is having problems.

im thinking vista is the culprit, it wouldn't take long to fix an xp problem. vista is to be avoided fullstop!

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Now on that one I agree with you wholeheartedly.

6. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

Is there a firewall?

7. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

On that note i guess a call to microsoft would be in order?

As was said, vista isnt too popular at the moment and finding a solution to a problem within it can be quite a task being newly released, although your friend seemed to have luck.

Is there any way that you can verify if its your computer by say getting hold of an xp laptop/pc with xp & wifi on it and try connecting wireless?

8. mtlaw01

mtlaw01 Guest

not realy any way i can verify if its my laptop thats is causing the problem, cant get anothr pc, i am hving problems running windows media centre between laptop and 360 also. will it nevr end? I am looking to get my wifi up and running so that i can enjoy all ths shit instead of it jst sittin around getn old. Is there a particular avenue i should look down to try and find someone who would guaranteed know how to get all this up and running if he was sat in front of the pc/router/laptop/360?? if the price wasnt too high it'd probably be worth it. :)