1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by adam1302, May 5, 2007.

1. adam1302

adam1302 Member

Hey i have never used wireless internet but i can do it with my router, but i want to know if i could use wireless internet on my xbox so i could check the weather on xbmc in my living room.

Please Reply.

2. adam1302

adam1302 Member

Anyone i realy want to know?.

3. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I use the wireless adapter ms sells. It's easy. Almost plug and play, almost. I would suggest first and foremost securring your network. Than get a wireless bridge and get some scripts for xbmc to have some fun.

4. adam1302

adam1302 Member

What do you mean securring the network how do i do that. Im using a Billion Adsl Router can i do it with that?.

thankyou.

5. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

i'm sure you can. in your browser address type 192.168.1.1 and it should bring up a web based setup for your router. Secure it from tghere.

6. adam1302

adam1302 Member

hey could you sugjest a cheap one that i could buy?.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Linksys makes a good wireless ethernet adapter (what i use for my Xbox and 360) but the good one's will cost you about $90 US
    They have cheaper one's out there but they may not work as well or have the same range.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1533893&CatId=1594
    make sure you know which system your router is running before you buy one (like wireless G or B or other)

For how to use your routers security, check the website of the company that makes it. If you have a wireless router and do not eneable the security (which you will have to also input into any device like your Xbox that you want to use on the network) then anyone within range can use your internet connection very easily. Like my l;aptop will instantly find any wireless network, secure or unsecure when i start it up. If it is not secure i just press connect and bingo, i'm surfing the web on someone elses dollar because they did not secure it.