1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless? Keep breaking HDMI cables with wheelchair

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by bcblair, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bcblair

bcblair Member

I have a home theater pc, that I use for everything. The CPU is on a cart. I turn the cart about 3 feet for viewing from my lounging chair and my wheelchair, depending on where I want to sit. I broke two cables at the CPU, then I secured it well to the cart so that the stress wasn't at the connection. I put down one of those rubber cable management roll over items to stick the cable in and run over, but it still got pulled, by the wheelchair, at the TV connection and broke another cable. Any ideas? Is their a wireless box that can play movies/videos from my hard drive? With the new technology coming out everyday,I figure I may have missed something. What about google TV?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i have a (so called) smart tv that streams from my computer to my tv currently using wired connection from my router to my tv as i refuse to pay $100 or so dollars for a sony wireless usb receiver and my router is in my loungeroom anyway.You can get boxes that stream to a tv from a computer think wd live has been recommended on here a few times.

just had a quick look on google and found wd tv live thats the type of thing you'd need to stream movies from computer to tv.

3. bcblair

bcblair Member

I have a Smartv Bluray from samsung and it says it can stream from a PC. I will try that as soon as I can.