1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Fozzy, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy Newbie

Hello Folks new to the Android Box world I have a question.I got an old MX box from a pal and everything works fine,but I purchased a wireless keyboard to make life easier than the supplied remote but the box doesn't seem to recognize it.I have tried it on my Laptop and Desktop computers and it works fine.My MX Box is hard-wired if that makes any difference.Would be pleased to hear any suggestions from any experienced Boxers out there.Thanks in advance.

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Are you trying to connect via usb lead or wifi dongle ,, have used dongle to connect keypad in the past and works no problem , also I think the keyboard needs to be 2.4 ghz to work ......

3. Fozzy

Fozzy Newbie

Hi Paulie,Keyboard has wi fi dongle,have also tried it with usb lead no joy with either.Works fine on laptop and desktop.It's an old MX box so maybe not compatable with keyboard or maybe I need to go into settings all new to me.

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Fozzy don't think age of box is the issue had dongle working on first gen mxbox and it just plug and play , I didn't need to adjust any settings , one way to check usb ports are OK plug in usb pen drive to see is it working , I think there should be at least 2 usb ports on box, btw when you say keyboard , do you mean mini keypad or full keyboard , if it's full size could be ghz issue ...........

5. Fozzy

Fozzy Newbie

It's a mini keyboard Paulie,box has 4 usb ports none make any difference.I think I've mucked the whole thing up by messing about with settings.Kodi not responding now.

6. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Have you tried changing firmware ? I Have an old mx box which I updated with matricom firmware , there hasn't been any recent updates (maybe because its an old box) but I hadn't any trouble with the box using matricom : https://wiki.matricom.net/i/MX2_Firmware

7. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

I don't think it's a setting issue , they normally just plug and play , maybe as atghawkin says could be firmware issue as in to old and needs to be updated .......

8. Fozzy

Fozzy Newbie

Just found out box is faulty so ordering a new one.Thanks everyone.

9. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

That sorts that then :)