1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless mice

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Jan 21, 2019.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have 3 "typical" mice that came with receivers. 2 of them broke or were lost. I am left with the 2 receivers that were matched with them. Is there a downloadable app that would allow me to match the existing mice to the left over receivers? This will negate needing to buy more mice. Any info welcome.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

are they all from the same manufacturers or are they all different as there is no app that can change the frequency of the mouse or the receiver as they are fixed frequencies?

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

all are "typical" in design and look. 2 seem to be identical even though from different sellers. both came with receivers that apparently are paired to the mouse it came with. mix and matching does not work. both are plugnplay. the third is for a keyboard/mouse combo. one receiver for both. the "lost" fourth was found allowing me to use the receiver it came with. the fourth is a match to 1 and 2. only LOGICTECH has a unifying process but only for LGT brand and only for certain models of devices. this is the same situation for matching wireless land line or home plugs for telephones or internet connections. remember them? different brands/models were not compatible with each other. same here. I will end up with an extra FIFTH mouse ordered to replace the now found 4th. again incompatible receiver. only a finite number of ports available. not using a USB hub, YET!

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Wireless and I never got along. I would never use another one.