1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless network

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by ozzy1, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Right at the moment i have a xp desktop pc wired into a belkin wireless router and a win98 laptop connected wirelessly. both have full internet acess but i was wondering is there any way i can share files betweent these 2 machines?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

on the win98, enable file & print sharing in network neighborhood properties than enable sharingto the drives by right clicking the hd & than sharing. in xp, go thru the setting up a small office/home network program.

3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

thanks for the info i have done all that you have said and im getting sumwhere.
    When i go to my network places on the desktop (winxp) i can only see the desktop machines hardrive and not the laptop.
    However if i click view workgoup computers i can see the laptop is there but if i attempt to open it up i get a message saying i might not have acces and the path for the laptop is not found.
    When using the laptop (win98) it cannot see that the desktop is conected to the network.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you enable the file sharing in network neighborhood & on the drives??

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

yes on both machines

6. kinza

kinza Regular member

i had the same problem and it turned out it was my firewall. the security was on high so i just changed it to medium and put all the IP's from the network into the trusted zone on all the computers.