1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless not working on laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by HSANDHU, Sep 8, 2007.

1. HSANDHU

HSANDHU Member

Hi

For some reason my laptop is not picking up wirelessley all of a sudden it has stopped working

sometimes when i search for networks i get a flicker for about 30 odd seconds and then it goes off, even though I right next to the BT HOMEHUB

any suggestions and how can i reinstall the drivers of the wireless card, its one that cam with the laptop toshibal satteliter M115

2. john179

john179 Active member

I know alot of the wireless Laptop's have a switch to turn the wireless card on and off you have not switched this off by accident?.
    If not i suggest you unistall by going in to device manager and windows should re install when you re-boot you may need your driver disc for this.You could also check for driver updates and you also need to check that you are getting a strong signal from the wirless router and that no one has blocked you out with the security settings.If your on a wireless network ensure you are on the network made by yourself or whoever set it up.

3. HSANDHU

HSANDHU Member

Thanks for the reply
    the switch is on and the wireless facility has been working but just stopped, the wireless signal is strong as I tested the laptop right next to it. I think I should uninstall from device manager, what disc do i need as i bought the laptop with software uploaded as a bundle deal i donot have any discs

cheers

4. john179

john179 Active member

I would suggest you go to the Manufactor web site of your laptop and download the drivers for your laptop.When purchasing a laptop you normally get your driver disc or a system re store disc you may want to take this up with the supplier you purchased it from as if you had any serious problems with your laptop you have no way to do a complete re install should you ever need to.

5. HSANDHU

HSANDHU Member

ok cheers I will do that, probably needs a reinstall anyway