1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by KAMinNL, Jan 14, 2007.

1. KAMinNL

KAMinNL Member

I'm having problems with my wireless capabiltiy......i have excellent strength........connection is strong.....laptop is reaching the router/modem (speadstream).....but i cant connect to the internet.....page won't display window appears.....
    the router is showing my IP address and asking for my WEP key for access ....so all that mumbo-jumbo appears ok.....anyone got any aswers to my dilema
    thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Well, this is the Xbox section so i am not sure how much help you will get. But a few things to note would be.
    1. if you have security set up on your router then you also need to manually set all of that information up on your laptop connection in order to connect. The WEP key is part of that security.
    It will be either WEP, WAP or WAP personal.
    It will have a very long key you need to write down.
    It will also have an SSID name, something like Linksys_SES_10111
    It will also have a mode like TKIP
    If i remember correctly those are the things you need to get before you set up anything on your wireless network, And you really should use the security on the router, if you do not then anyone within range can just find your unsecure connection and use your internet.
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...027773&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
    Even though you may not have a Linksys router, go to the learning center and read through some of the networking write ups. They may help you.

3. KAMinNL

KAMinNL Member

tanks for the heads up...i know i was in the wrong thread too...a slip of the mouse before i realized........I have the wireless problem solved now....it was related to the wep....

later....