1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Router Setup Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mel1234, Jun 20, 2007.

1. mel1234

mel1234 Member

Hi, I dont know if im in the right place but I ned help with my wireless router setup. I had it up and running perfect last week (after 3 or 4 days of trouble)then I had to get my computer re formatted and now have tried to set up again with no go. I follow the set up disc as I did before but it just wont work. After the set up I have all lights on modem, all lights on router the laptop can see the router but just cant connect to the net.Checked the settings over and over still cant fix it. I know the router is working cause like i said last week perfect. My daughter sitting in her room on the net on the laptop. I have a netgear WGR614v7 router. HEEELPPP.

2. ts_womble

ts_womble Guest

hi chap you say your laptop is talking to your router ! if your are 100% that this is correct and the laptop has aquired a valid ip address them the problem is more than likley that your ie is not set to auto detect setting if you open ie and go to tools > internet options > connections > lan settings then put a tick in the use automatic configuration box then save ,close ie and restart ie that should do the trick

3. mel1234

mel1234 Member

Hi his still didnt help. Any more suggestions. rang netgear support, they said to upload new firmware, did that, still no luck.