1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless xbox360 controller on pc

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by FishinGuy, Nov 9, 2007.

1. FishinGuy

FishinGuy Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question.I read that you can use the xbox controller with pc games.I am trying to play Splinter Cell Double Agent but I can't figure out how to make the controller work.any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

okay there is no point to run your wireless on the 360, chances are your monitor isn't big enough for you to go wireless with . so go the cheaper
    and more efficient way with a wired controller

STEP'S
    1) To download the driver go to www.windowsgaming.com and click Hardware, then Controllers then pick the wired XBox controller and click download drivers. Now fill out your info and run the file you downloaded.

2)After you've done step one plug your 360 controller into any usb1/2 ports, then all shall be grandee in the world

3) to get it work in you video games you have to go to the setting area's and change the scheme from keyboard to controller, don['t worry this is the easy part

-if you need any help, or have questions please ask, if needed i' might post pics i have from my imageshack account.
    good luck ;/

3. foeriz

foeriz Member

i have a wireless controller but do you think the charge kit would work

4. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Ok to answer the first guys question.

You need a wireless USB dongle. Microsoft makes one and you can get it for around 20$.

Link here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/

As for the second question. NO THE CHARGE CABLE DOES JUST THAT! IT CHARGES IT! Nothing more! It does not work all it does is charge your battery when plugged into the PC.

Make sure the game your playing supports gamepads first of all and then good luck trying to configure it..

5. FishinGuy

FishinGuy Member

First off,thanks for the response. I have the usb dongle for the wireless xbox360 controller.I loaded the software that came with dongle but I cant get the game (splinter cell double agent) to acknowledge a controller.I have looked through the game settings but I cant find anywhere to activate "controller.

Thanks