1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wirless connection dropping on belking g+mimo adapter + netgear dg834gt

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by D10Vieira, Sep 23, 2007.

1. D10Vieira

D10Vieira Guest

Hi, i have the equipment mentioned above, but recently for some reason my wirless connection drops mainly when im downloading for a while at high speedes, using programs like limewire, ares etc. im running this on windows vista ultimate, anyone have the same problem or can help?

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

i would say replace everything to be one manufacturer. im not a big believer in using 2 different manufactured parts from different companys to make a network up

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

We seem to do alright with a speedtouch modem, linksys router and netgear switch, along with 3 different manufacturers for our network cards. I agree that component identicality makes sense to keep things simple but it rarely causes issues. The problem you've probably got is that you're reaching the maximum number of connections for your router and it's crashing. P2P apps have a habit of doing that. You should look into a gaming-grade router or cut down your max. connections.

4. D10Vieira

D10Vieira Guest

but the weird thing is with th same equipment before i got Vista it was was working fine. also it works fine when i hit my max speed on utorrent at about 400kbp/s, but when i hit about 200kbp/s on ares thats when it would cut out.

but i think i have now sussed it out but still wonder why it is doing this, i noticed it was stable on ares until i wanted to watch a preview of what i was downloading, this is when it happened about 1hr ago.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member