1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wisecroft ripper v 2.0

Discussion in 'Audio' started by realfreak, Aug 30, 2004.

1. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I just bought the program but it is frustrating. I have been trying to convert a number of Real Audio files to mp3 or wav. Some will work and some won't. They are archived files from a website that permits downloading and personal use. I want to make CD's of the converted files to listen to at a later time, in the car or when walking. When it works, it's great! Decodes and recodes a file in a few seconds. I had been using dbAmp which takes forever and the output quality is often poor. Can anybody help me? I've tried e-mailing support at Wisecroft and can't get through their plugged up mailbox. Thanks.

2. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Do you have wisecroft 1.x or 2.x?

3. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I have 2.0 which I believe is the latest version. Thanks for your response. I hope you have some suggestions.

4. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Then try the files again.

5. realfreak

realfreak Guest

I tried that and also re-downloaded the program. No luck. Here is the link where I'm getting files to copy and convert

http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/searchprog.asp?pgnu=11&T1=groeschel

If you have the program---
    Please try to download programs number 304 and 305 from this page. They are 30 minute radio programs from the EWTN network. They are both .ra files. I can convert 304 just fine but not 305.

I will be interested in the results. Thank you very much.

6. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

If it doesn't work, you could try recording the file using a program like Super mp3 Recorder. This is a great program. You can record the music and save as a .mp3, .wav, .wma, .vqf and .ogg file. Try it out and see if it works. You can download it here:

Super MP3 Recorder
    http://www.supermp3recorder.com/

7. realfreak

realfreak Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I have a program called Total Recorder from High Criteria Software which will record in any number of formats. I am just trying to avoid having to do that because most of the programs I want to convert are either 30 minutes or 60 minutes in length. Of course, this ties up the sound card in my machine and I can't listen to music or do anything that's cpu intensive. I have sent an e-mail to the tech people at EWTN to find out what's going on. I think I'm running into old versions of .ra files that Wisecroft just can't handle. Apparently it can only deal with G2, "Voice", RA2, RA8 and "Dolby". I hope they can help me. I can actually convert many of the recent programs with no problem. Wisecroft Ripper really does a great job when it can handle the file. A 60 minute .ra or .ram file converts to mp3 or wav in less than a minute!

Thanks for your help.

8. IDOOO

IDOOO Member

You can use Mini-stream Ripper to convert realaudio files to mp3. It's the best rm converter I have ever used after streambox ripper is unvailable.
    Download it from http://www.mini-stream.com/rm-to-mp3/

9. realfreak

realfreak Guest

Thank you very much. I downloaded it about ten minutes ago and it works just fine!! I converted one of the .ra files that Wisecroft Ripper won't convert properly with no trouble. They give you a very generous 30 day free trial to use the program so I'll give it a workout. It seems perfect.

If I can ever do you a good turn, holler!