1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish to add chapters to a DVD without changing the main menu...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Pony321, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I had just received a dvd I've ordered online. This dvd is one hour long and only contains one title and one chapter. What I would like to do is add a few chapters within the dvd program but without changing the main menu which only has the PLAY button anyway. I'm not transcoding or doing any conversions. It would be nice to skip to certain spots 'using the remote control' on the dvd without having to fast forward all the time. I'd appreciate it if someone could suggest a program in which will accomplish this. Thanks.

2. ezeb1970

ezeb1970 Member

i believe DVD Architect will help you out there. It's made by SoundForge (bought out by Sony). I don't recall the cost of the program but it wasn't awefull. I only recently started using it to design interactive menus and don't know the actual functions to insert chapter points but I know it does them.

Maybe somebody else knows of a freebie program for you.

good luck

3. ezeb1970

ezeb1970 Member

just found another tip..

dvdlab is just over a hundred bucks - supposedly does the chapter points and now that i think of it you might not be able to get dvd architect without buying the whole software suite.