1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Witch one would you get and why??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by anthonyp9, Jan 20, 2007.

1. anthonyp9

anthonyp9 Member

Im looking at these 2 tvs:

Im fairly new to the hdtv scene and was wondering what your opnions were. The Tv would be used primarily for my xbox360 games and hd-dvd player. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also if you know of any good tvs for a comparable price please let me know Thanks.

2. candycab

candycab Member

Well the the cheaper is a CRT based tv so I would definitly skip it, but they are cheap and will probably look good if properly calibrated bye someone with the proper equipment, though that can be rather expensive. CRT based sets are extremely large and heavy compared to DLP or LCD so that could be a consideration.

Personally I would buy a DLP based set, I think they look superior to LCD, CRT Projection based sets can be very cheap but they just cant offer the performance.

You should really learn about the difference between the various types of Projection technologies and how they work if you havent already ? Then go play with all of them in person and make youre decision afterward as Im sure you will find some things you like more about one than another.

Also get a copy of a calibration DVD like Video Essentials or the Avia DVD, learn how to use it and take it with you and calibrate sets in the store before you decide on one. Even though the lighting will be completely wrong in most stores this will give you some idea of how the set will perform before you waste youre money on something that wont keep you happy and have to play the "Return an item game"

Thats pretty much what I did and ended up buying an Infocus DLP projector and I can definitly say I will never own a large screen tv again : ) I still have a 1992 46' Proscan CRT set that looks great for its age but it was regularly calibrated over the years, after it dies im done with big TV's.