1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

with....intervideowinDVDcreator

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by svenger, Sep 6, 2005.

1. svenger

svenger Member

Hi there,
    i have bought myself a wonderfull HP mediacentre computer. I am busy with putting my VHS movies on my pc to burn them on DVD. I use intervideowinDVDcreator. It's a great softwareprogramm, but the only trouble i have is this: When i watch my DVD, the image playing is not playing without very tiny movements, it seems like the image i watch, is skipping very quickly so now and then.... It bothers me a lot!!!! I have tried several things to avoid this skipping thing, it's not like the image is standing still, it is just like it's a bit breakdancing, especially when there are moving letters and when the camera moves to another direction.....
    A guy in a shop told me to downlaod a patch, but i cannot find it and most important, WILL THIS SOLVE MY PROBLEM....

So if anyone can help me out with this, it would make me really happy.....

Take care and thanx sven.

2. dnic

dnic Member

Hi,
    I don't have all the answers but have tried many programs and fixes for video transfer. I assume that you are transfering home movies, if you're transfering Real Movies then many have numerous weird and wonderful security devices.Look into video stabilizers (hardware) apparently there are problems with HiDefinition TVs caused by security devices with some videos and these also help with the transfer of video, have a read on the internet and in this forum.

DVD creator works fine in my Toshiba Laptop installation as delivered and it's the full version but in my HP PCs none of the Intervideo programs are full versions.
    Check that the problem was not already there in your VHS movie some real movies still have problems that are masked when played in a VCR.
    Use the highest compression, like 1 hour PAL or NTSC if the movie fits.
    I usually open DVD Creator and capture to hard disk.
    Usually if it will then play OK on the computer in DVD Player it will burn and play OK to disk.
    Ensure that DVD Creator is the default for the video files and not Windows media player or Movie maker or Nero or some other program.
    We have a Samsung DVD Player which won't play any DVD unless its perfect and yet the burned DVD will play OK in the Pioneer DVD player.
    Look at the wiring set up Svideo or RCA plugs etc between the VCR and PC. Dont do anything else with the PC during transfer.
    Hope some of this helps
    Regards

3. banjoboy

banjoboy Guest

Greetings,

I have been trying to copy my old home videos to my computer so I can edit and make dvds. I tried a cheap radio shack program, Zio Corp, and had nothing but head aches. I went to the store yesterday to get some hardware to connect my video player to my computer (little box with a usb chord and plug spaces for my video). I could not buy one by itself so had to get the cheapest program and with a rebate spent about $29. Then I came home and downloaded the Intervideo WinDVD Creator and paid for it. But I cannot seem to get the hardware to work right.

Q: Do those little boxes work or do I need to invest in a better hardware unit to get my videos in my computer.

Thanks for your response in advance!

4. dnic

dnic Member

Hi Banjoboy,
    Please tell us exactly what the "little box" is, manufacturer, description etc. Maybe someone will be able to help?
    Regards

5. banjoboy

banjoboy Guest

Hi dnic,

The "little box" is from "Dazzle Digital Video Creator 85". It has inputs for Left and Right Audio, S-Video and Video in. It goes out with a USB cable to computer. It says that I need to hook it up to a high speed USB 2.0 port. I have a new, (6 months old), e-machine e6212 from Best Buy. The stickers say that the prots are 2.0 high speed. On the back of the little box it says "Pinaclle Systems GmbH AV to USB2 Rev:1.1A.

Also, another problem. With my new digital camera I can easily capture the video with a direct hook up on Win DVD Creator. But when I try to burn DVDs it goes through the lengthy process of creating a movie then a check mark, formating the disc - check mark, erasing the disc - check mark, then when it gets to burn it rips through quick and my computer spits out the DVD-R and the program freezes up.I have to do a Cntrl Alt Delete to end the program. Do you have any clues here?

Thanks for your help - Ken

6. budberner

budberner Guest

Reboot and then make movie

7. dnic

dnic Member

Hi,
    Appears that the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 85 seems to be for capturing to VCD and produces MPEG 2 for the Hard drive.
    I'm not sure what that leaves you with to edit.

Re the DVCamera capture,friend has had lots of problems with USB capture,I use Firewire ports, Intervideo DVD Creator will capture to HDD or direct to DVD,better to click "Start new project", I prefer to capture to the HDD then you can play the movie and edit etc before burning. If DVD Creator won't find the file you can part minimize the DVDC window, locate the movie file in your PC and drag it into the DVDC top right hand box.Then edit etc.If DVD Creator does not run smoothly during the "Make Movie" process with no stop starts, as Budberner advised, better to save, reboot and start again .
    Intervideo DVD Creator Great programme #*!XXX#!! product support!