1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wma drm hell - locked out of the music I bought

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wmahell, Mar 26, 2004.

1. wmahell

wmahell Member

sorry if this has been answered - but I could not find any info that works. I'm running vers. 7.0 windows media on win 2000 serv pack 2. Before I moved out of the country I took all the CD's I owned, put them on my laptop to travel light. Now that I want to get wma's to play on my palm, the drm wont transfer. How do I unprotect the files. I tried unf**k with no luck... Any ideas? And to think that the only music I can listen to on my Pocket PC is the music that I "stole" from Kazaa - all the music I own and paid for I don't have access to (yes I know now that I should have ripped them long ago, but hindsight is 20/20)

thanks for any/all help

2. mesh

mesh Member

Try this:simply use windows media player to burn a disc with the songs, the taking that disc to a diffrent machine and rip them to mp3. The conversion is going to be a little lossy, because you are re-encoding a already compressed format (wma), anyway, this worked for me with any drm protected song with windows media player 9. Now I have mp3's that are drm free :) !