1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMA file to MP3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by compgran, Dec 29, 2005.

1. compgran

compgran Member

Sorry if this is redundant. I did see the previous post that said you can't convert protected WMA files to MP3. However, I just want to be sure that what I would like to do can't be done.

I have an MP3 capable CD player. No other portable audio device. I have the ability to download an audio book from my library that comes in as a protected WMA file. I would like to put the book on cd's so I can listen to them on my cd player. I don't mind being limited in time. Don't want to "steal" the book. Just can't afford another audio device at this point. Am I out of luck?

Thanks for your time.

2. spencsm

spencsm Guest

It can be done, but you will need software. I use AnyDVD, which has a 21-day free trial and costs $26.

Then just download the file, burn it to a CD, then rip that CD back to your hard drive the With AnyDVD running in the background.

3. pelican1

pelican1 Member

You can also use Tunebite. It records in real time or 4X real time. The mp3 files it generates are pretty large, but should work out fine for an mp3 CD. The mp3's won't be protected then, so it won't turn into a pumpkin after 21 days.

4. compgran

compgran Member

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check out the software you're referring to. Happy New Year to you both.

5. compgran

compgran Member

Just wanted to let you know, it worked! Thanks so much. Now I can listen to my audio books without having to buy a WMA player. Thanks to you both.

6. nailedny

nailedny Guest

I have an ipod. I too downloaded protected wma audio books from an online library. I tried to convert them in itunes but that doesn't work. I don't want to put the book on cds then back onto my computer running anydvd. Is there anything else I can do? I have used anydvd before with burning dvds. Thanks