1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMA Music Converter Issue

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TopHat91, Apr 5, 2008.

1. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

I recently got Napster, then found out that I couldn't put them on my Zune. So I searched the internet and found a program called WMA Music Converter. I did some research on the forums too and some people said it was really good, but theres an issue when I convert. When I convert something like a Hendrix Song, theres this static noise in the background and the highs are somewhat distorted. Is there any way to fix that?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Try DBPowerAmp and see if it does a better job.

3. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

Does DBPoweramp also remove DRM?

Edit: Apparently, this issue only appears when I play an mp3 file in Windows Media Player. It sounds good on my Zune. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  4. Mez

Mez Active member

No it will not remove DRMs and removing them is a touchy topic on this forum because it is illegal.

You probably have better speakers than ear bugs. The distortion is still there.

5. TopHat91

TopHat91 Member

Yeah. I decided that too and didn't do anything to the files. I quit the subscription. I want my stuff to be legal.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

I would suggest:
    1) getting better ear buds they must be bad if you couldn't hear the distortion. Apple does the same thing they package junk ear buds with their ipods.

2) If you are going to rip CDs get poweramp converter. It is a bit pricey but you can get 'transparent' digital recording if you use the extreme settings. Transparent means you and other humans can't hear the difference. The mp3 formats lose data but nothing even a good trained ear can hear.