1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wma to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by matt72, May 18, 2005.

1. matt72

matt72 Regular member

I know this topic has been discussed before (via my search on this site) but the software suggested doesn't "cut it". Is there a program that will allow me to convert wma (DRM protected) to mp3 so i can transfer songs to my ipod. These songs are old and hard to find on any media. I have tried to burn the songs to cd then rip into mp3 format but no software has been successful in even burning them. Any assistance is appreciated.

2. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

I would love to know the same thing. I am new to the mp3 arena and I don't understand why I can't take my own music and put it on my portable player.

3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hey I was fooling around and found out how to convert DRM protected wma songs. First load a playlist consisting of all your DRM wma protected files into windows media player 9 or version 10. Once you try to play the songs the player should open up a webpage searching for a license. Once a license is found it loads into your pc and gives you the option of backing up the license to another folder. Then hit play and your wma songs will play. Now the next step is record the songs to a CDR-W( preferred method to save money). Next rip the songs off the CDR-W (I found musicmatch or dbpoweramp good converters). This method applies to songs got from napster, itunes and a few other pay sites where i got songs from legally. Oh almost forgot windows media player is crappy but that is the only way to go about converting without having to go the analog route.

4. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

Here's what I did:

Got my CDs out of storage, put them in CD drive, opened them in Real Player, then used "save tracks" option (which saves the tracks as mp3 files). You can select individual tracks or all tracks. Then I hooked up my PSP and copied the new mp3 files to the PSP's Music folder. Worked like magic!

Love'n my new Sony 1 GB High-Speed Pro Duo stick!! Wish I could afford the 4 GB!