1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMA to mp3??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by babooshka, Jul 15, 2006.

1. babooshka

babooshka Member

I recently purchased some wma music files from walmart.com (received a free gift card)but they are useless to me unless I can put them on my ipod. Is there a way to convert these files and use them with iTunes?? Help!? What a BITE...!

Thanks

2. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

windows media player should do the job, or musicmatch, dbpoweramp, nero etc. open the program, then find the convert music option, select the music you want to convert using the browse feature, select what you want to convert them to, then click ok/convert/ whatever it happens to be with that program. then when they are done you should be able to import the into itunes etc etc.

3. undine

undine Regular member

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

chances are your wma files will be copy protected, so the above mentioned won't help you. (although dBPowerAMP is THE best media converter there is...)

in my sig below you can find a guide on how to get around wma copy protection and convert them, just keep in mind when converting one lossy format to another, you will lose quality.

5. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

i might be wrong be with itunes when u add wma files itunes amtomaticly converts them and adds them to the libery.

i least thats what happened to me ages ago i can't remember!