1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMA/V files help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by acoronado, Nov 17, 2003.

1. acoronado

acoronado Guest

i have this problem where some of my WMA/V files i see fine but others i can't forward through....so some1 suggested to convert them....so I asked to what? and using what? and I got no response so I brought the question to this message board....any and all help will be appreciated....and yes I am aware that I am a computer-retard...lol

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So the Problem is that you have some WMV Files
    (Windows Media Video) and some of these Files are Not seekable meaning you can not Scan through the File or Fast foreward??? If this is the Problem then all you have to do is make the Files seekable, To do this you can use a simple Program called "ASF Tools" http://www.bruceh.com/download/asftools310.zip You might have to re-name the WMV to ASF but that is OK because WMV and ASF are the same...This program can edit your WMV/ASF files and Fix errors in them and make them seekable..This is better than trying to convert them to a different format because converting makes you loose Quality...Cheers

3. acoronado

acoronado Guest

thanx for the link and the lesson...i really appreciate it

4. acoronado

acoronado Guest

OK...now i'm having the same problem with an MPEG file...now what?.....by the way, the other 2 files are now fixed...thanx