1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP 10 Help, My Music Keeps chopping up. Any idea?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by acorrea4, Feb 24, 2008.

1. acorrea4

acorrea4 Regular member

Ive been having this issue with my media player, and its really annoying! I have about 30GB of music on their, and it played fine for years. I upgraded up to Windows Media Player 11, but did not like the setup, and rolled back over to 10!
    Since that, everytime I play a video or play music, it gets really slow to start up, and when it does, it gets real choppy! Even in the Window Task Manager, it shows my media player running at 130,000k, and my CPU usage jumps up to about 80%. Why is this happening?

I tried going back up to 11, and no luck! Is their any hope for me?

2. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Did you open the music and video all at once? That will make the player go slower and use more cpu power.

I rolled back to WP10 and I too hate the 11ver. setup-

Mine work fine when I roll back to WP10

3. acorrea4

acorrea4 Regular member

no, i wait until one completly loads up, then I stop it to start another file, but over time, that file too becomes choppy. I know its not my files, im thinking of redoing my OS, but its not worth it for just that.

4. seb32

seb32 Regular member

No, this wouldn't be a problem with your files. Also, I don't think reinstalling your OS would help. You could try reinstalling WMP10, if you can find the install file. Also, you should see if this is a resource issue; try setting the priority a step higher in task manager.

5. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Yeah if you go to add/removed program and unstail WP11, It will reback to WP10 then restart the computer.

6. acorrea4

acorrea4 Regular member

Yea, I tried that so many times. I went back and forth with upgrading and rolling back to my current version, and yet the choppy music still comes up. Even videos, theie will be delays at times. Like the audio will continue to play, but the video will lag behind! Do you think redoing my OS will cure this?

7. seb32

seb32 Regular member

It might. Have you tried playing the music in a different media player like iTunes or WinAmp?