1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP and MPC do not support ratDVD!

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by croatia9, Dec 29, 2005.

1. croatia9

croatia9 Member

Well, on my computer, Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic do not, i repeat DO NOT, support the ratDVD format...

WMP responds with its standart error.. cant play file... blabla....
    MPC causes the display to crash, changing the resolution of the monitor, and then displaying a driver error. then i have to reboot....

I need fa*in help here.. i dont have the nervs to spend the next 2 days trying to play some random new video format....

so if somebody has the solution to my problem.. a codec perhaps, a media player which definitely "plays it"...

thanx

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

you have to have ratdvd installed in order to play the files in windows media player, do you have rat dvd installed, otherwise i dont know how to help,,,,

3. paraver

paraver Member

I there!

I have instaleld the latest version of RatDVD, and the lastest version of MPC (6.4.8.6) and cannot play the file .ratdvd. It simply do not work. And the same problem had happended to me in WMP as described by croatia9.

4. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

have you tried windows media player 10 or classic <?>

5. regreath

regreath Member

Make sure that you have the appropriate hardware. If you cannot watch DVDs with your computer than you will not be able to use ratDVD in conjunction with anything to view .ratDVD files, to my understanding anyway. If you are fully capable of watching plain old DVD discs on your comp then perhaps check to see that you have the latest available codecs for WMP, once upon a time it didn't come with the codec to watch .avi files so you never kno.

Beyond that I am no help, if that could even be called help.

6. regreath

regreath Member

Har har har, just found it for you mebbe. http://ratattack.cdfreaks.com/

Link was taken from gamename's post on older thread, just happened to see the last bit of the package... suprise suprise, WMC with ratDVD support, cause obviously someone had to figure it out.