1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP & ITUNES NOT RECOGNIZING MP3 FILES AS MP3 FILES....HELP!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JazzySoul, Apr 28, 2006.

1. JazzySoul

JazzySoul Guest

Okay, I did another thread because Itunes was unable to add a bunch of my files and I couldn't figure out why. *Mod, please delete my other thread in this section...thanks*

Now it appears that my mp3 files are coming up as NOT Mp3 files.

When I try to burn them to a disc the files format is not recognized.
    When I try to insert it to Itunes it doesn't do anything.
    When I try to re-encode the files, the encoder will not add the files to the queue because it says either it can't add it or it doesn't recognize the format.

When I try to play the files in Windows Media Player it says that WMP doesn't recognize the extension.

However, these are labeled "01 - Track 1.mp3" <-- that's the EXACT name on some of them because the albums in question are old hip hop mixtapes from the mid nineties and I don't have a tracklisting for them, so the tracks are labeled track 1, track 2, etc.

Please someone help me. I can't get this stuff again, so I'm really desperate to try to get these fixed. What can I do?

2. JazzySoul

JazzySoul Guest

never mind....I've had this a couple different times and nobody can at least post and say "Sorry, can't help you" Instead nobody even address it or responds.

I already got help somewhere else. Lotta help people HERE are.