1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP10 does not detect any devices

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by gail157, Feb 12, 2009.

1. gail157

gail157 Member

Hi,

For some reason my windows media player 10 does not detect my cd drive. It is listed in devices in the options. It shows in My Computer and device manager with no problem. It shows as a recordable device under properties and the box is checked to enable cd burning. It is the correct value in the registry.

Does anyone know any other reason that it is not allowing me to burn in WMP?

Thanks,

Gail

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you tried uninstalling the drive and rebooting?

'My Computer' > 'Properties' > 'Hardware' > 'Device Manager' > click on the + sign beside 'DVD/CD-ROM Drives', Highlight/right click the drive and select 'Uninstall'.
    Uninstall the drive and reboot.

3. gail157

gail157 Member

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I tried that, even tho drive already shows everywhere else it should, but that didn't work. Thanks, anyway.

When I typed this reply, there is a heart with the letter inside it in place of the capital letters and punctuation I typed. When I previewed it, the hearts were still there, but they didn't appear in the post. This has happened before when typing other things. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix? Tried to do a google search but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks,

Gail