1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP10 thinks my .ratDVD is a song file

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by jakew8, Jul 13, 2005.

1. jakew8

jakew8 Member

First things first:

1. I didn't encode this .ratDVD myself
    2. This is the first time I've tried playing one on this computer
    3. My comp is a laptop, PM1.4GHz, 512MB, ATI Radeon M 9000 (32MB), 1024x768, XP Pro SP2, DX version 9.0c
    4. Already installed: WinDVD; DIVX, XVID codecs; AC3 filter

I can drag the ratdvd file to either WMP10 or WMP6.4 and they both treat it like an audio file -- plays 1:34 of silence though, no video.

I downloaded ratDVD and opened the file; it looks valid. It's got extras, a main movie (but LOTS of audio tracks and subtitles, including many "unspecified" subtitles. It also has a full DVD info screen with the cover, cast listing, etc.

I can't play any part of the movie in ratDVD; the play button is always grayed out. I did start a rat->DVD conversion with preview enabled, though, and I did see some frames of the movie come up. (The conversion was going to take forever so I stopped it.)

Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  2. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

sounds like u are missing a codec.

3. jakew8

jakew8 Member

Which codec could I be missing? I thought the whole idea was that you don't need a codec. Check my original post above--I have my installed codecs listed.