1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wmv ,avi to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jeelfi, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jeelfi

jeelfi Member

hi could anyone help having trouble converting wmv and avi to dvd.Have tried using winavi to convert wmv to avi but when i try to convert to dvd keep getting message address violated then a code ,any help would be much apreciated,thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick supports the conversion of both .wmv and .AVI files to DVD format.
    It's Freeware.

3. jeelfi

jeelfi Member

thanks will try it

4. e2p

e2p Member

I tried DVD Flick, converting AVI files to DVD format. The AVI files are DV AVI (dvsd codec) files captured from a DV camcorder via a 1394 port. The AVI files have a video bit rate around 30 Mbps, even though the video is 720 x 480 and the content is fairly lame in that there are no fast actions, just people sitting and talking, moving arms sometimes. However, even converting at 5 mbps bitrate, the resulting DVD still has conspicuous artifacts around people's arms when the arms move. The motion of the arms is not like trying to hit a fly in the air, but just normal hand gesture.

So why the converted DVD has so low quality? I suppose the DVD format can carry fast moving action content like a motorcycle running wild, and even showing the perspective of the rider with the whole background moving backward.

By the way, could the performance of the computer I use has anything to do with the low quality DVD produced by DVD Flick? I am using a Pentium III 533 MHz with 512MB memory, running XP service pack 3. I ran just one application (DVD Flick) and the Windows Task Manager, to see that memory usage is on order of 400 MB.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010