1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV-HD to Blu Ray problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Neuromods, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Neuromods

Neuromods Member

Hello all, I have a few WMA-HD files I would like to put on Blu Ray disc. For one certain movie I really wish to put on blu ray, I used Nero 9. I select Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and no menus and burn. The burn is successful, however when I play the disc in my PS3 I get amazing picture but no sound. My Bose system says 5.1 digital, but no audio at all even through my TV or another surround system.
    I tried another WMA-HD file and it also did the same. So, I used Cyberlink thinking it could be a Nero problem. Once again, perfect burn but no sound! One of the WMA-HD files had 2.0 stereo sound originally, the other had 5.1 digital. What could be the problem? I really want these on Blu Ray. I have no problem with other file types, only WMA-HD gives me this problem.

2. Neuromods

Neuromods Member

Anyone?

3. zemon3

zemon3 Member

I would also like to know. I have a good amount of WMVHD video that I would like to burn on my new LG ggw. I can see how Nero may interfere with other programs but I would like to see if IMgBurn works. Just want to keep the thread active.

4. Neuromods

Neuromods Member

I used Xilisoft video converter and made my WMV-HD to .ts

It worked however I couldn't keep the original sound. I was then able to burn with Nero.

5. deeluxx

deeluxx Member

try importing the original file into eac3to, convert the audio to whatever type you like and then remux.