1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wmv to anything!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by bigrigger, Oct 17, 2004.

1. bigrigger

bigrigger Member

Downloaded a video from this place: http://www.vidshop.co.uk

It was one of those romantic comedy type films... ;-)

Anyway, I'm having real trouble converting it to any other format to burn it onto DVD/VCD. I've tried dvdSanta, Super DVD Creator, x Video Converter, Boilsoft ASF converter, VideoEdit Converter, Magic Video Batch Converter, Super Video Converter, and a few more!

None of them seem to read the file properly, so I'm guessing it's protected (although I did actually buy the film so I presume I'm entitled to back up).

Is there any way around this?

Cheers, Matt

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

What format is it in ? Windows Media Video , you said ! Then try NeroVision Express !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2004
  3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

are you sure it came down as a wmv file,even with protection it should still be able to be converted

4. bigrigger

bigrigger Member

In Windows Explorer it says it's a wmv.
    Win AVI Converter says there is no usable video stream, other software gives me invalid property value and file format errors.

Super DVD Creator says "Not supported media format, RenderFile(wFile)."

When downloading the file, I think it did say it was an asf file, but the software I'm using should convert that anyway.

Advanced X Video Converter opens the file, and kind of goes through the motions of converting, but it doesn't actually do anything, it just sits there.

I'm stumped!

5. Xeroblade

Xeroblade Member

i too have this same problem with a wma movie i have tried winAvi and it gives me the same error bigrigger got so i could use the help too please.

6. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

hi, please make sure that the wmv file can be perfectly played by Windows Media Player. Generally, as long as the file can be correctly played by the WMP, winavi can convert it completely.

7. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ Xeroblade: you have stated wma which is audio you sure you dont have wmv

@ bigrigger:maybe try a different converter, heres a link below

http://www.download.com/WMV-to-AVI-MPEG-VCD-SVCD-DVD-Converter/3000-2194_4-10324343.html

Software Publisher's Description

WMV to AVI MPEG VCD SVCD DVD converter is a powerful, splendid, and simple to use application for WMV to AVI, WMV to MPEG, WMV to VCD, WMV to DVD, and WMV to SVCD video converting. The main features include: conversion of WMV files to AVI/MPEG/VCD/DVD/SVCD format; NTSC/PAL setting option; input/output preview; skinable UI with 3 built-in skins; fill in/proportional options for cropping output video; high audio quality; support for no-sound WMV files; and optimized performance for Intel Pentium 3 and 4, and AMD Athlon processors.

Some bugs on Windows 98/Me were fixed in version 1.4.2.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "I wish people who have trouble communicating would just
    shut up."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2004
  9. bigrigger

bigrigger Member

Thanks for the replies, all.

andmerr, I tried the link you posted, and there is still a problem! It can not preview the file first of all, I get an error with a square, then ($C00D0BBE). Then when I try to convert it says that the timeline is empty and can not process!

I also have all the codecs thanks LinCathy, and it plays perfectly in WMP.

I can only think that it's protected in some way...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  10. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

hi, It is a weird problem, I think you'd better contact at support@winavi.com. The winavi tech members may be able to fix this problem for you.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks for the error code, heres an explanation for you.

Error C00D0BBE means that you need a license for that file to do whatever operation you are currently trying to do, and you don't have a valid license to do that specific operation. Files downloaded from pay services can restrict you from transferring or copying the file to portable devices or other PC, etc.

12. bigrigger

bigrigger Member

That's the bit I don't understand, I paid for the liscence! Or do you mean another liscence for copying, editing etc?

Cheers again.