1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wmv to mpeg4 conversion software?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by nakuha, Jul 19, 2006.

1. nakuha

nakuha Member

is ther any software for this?
    and if ther is, is it free?
    thanks in advance

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Define what you mean be mpeg4.

3. ARDILLA

ARDILLA Guest

i know only about conversion to mpeg-on the vidflash.com there`s a free online service for such type of conversion (supported almost all of the most popular formats, also ppt to video, video to flash and vice versa).

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well when alot of people say mpeg4 they mean an XviD/mp3 type avi. Could also mean an AVC/aac mp4 though or ASP/mp3 in an mp4 container, etc.

5. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

no there isn't a good free application there is by the way a cheap application called

wmv to mpeg4 and also wmv to mpeg2 converter you can find it at www.download.com

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

There are plenty of good free applications. Just depends on what they are trying to achieve.

7. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

If you want to convert .wmv to mp4,winavi mp4 video converter can help you do that.You can try trial version first:
    http://www.winavi.com/wmv-to-mp4.htm
    And it can converts all formats to MP4 format that can be played on general portable video device such as MP4 player.
    Wish helpful

8. Baldwin

Baldwin Guest

there are many softwares so similar with winavi converter.how do you know the effect? for example,winavi ,imto mpeg encoder,xili video conver,cucusoft converter,pq mp4 video ect.please you tell me which is the best software.thank you!

9. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Xillisoft and Imtoo are the same thing or at least from the same company. I wouldn't use any of the personally.

10. Baldwin

Baldwin Guest

o ,doesn't matter,please you tell me which software is perfact!i first use it.the others i may use ,then buy buy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  11. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

I don't think there is a "perfect" software.And there are so many things have influence on the software and the result of conversion.
    For instance,the quality of original file,the computer which you use.Ithink you can search with google,find which one you like best.
    good luck :)