1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMV's stutter, or don't even play at all with Media Player Classic

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by indy5, May 27, 2009.

1. indy5

indy5 Member

I tried what you said, and unfortunately it still didn't fix my problem. Could you clarify if your problem was occurring with Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player, or both?

2. cates01

cates01 Member

The problem I was having was in MPC, I didn't even try WMP. Make sure you're in the ffdshowvideo decoder configuration options and not the audio or video encoder configuration window. Also, completely uninstalling klite codec pack, restarting, and then freshly installing klike codec pack (mega) should fix things, and go into the klite codec pack options (or tools) and fix broken codecs. I can't imagine it wouldn't work after that.

3. indy5

indy5 Member

Did all that, didn't work.

It seems that the stutter I encounter in MPC, is proportionate to the video's bitrate. I.e., videos rendered at low quality(hence low bitrate), play ok, while videos rendered at high quality(high bitrate), stutter like hell. Though, same videos play ok in WMP, regardeless of bitrate.
    Thought I should mention that.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  4. richsmith

richsmith Guest

hello,
    i am facing the same problems in media player clssic and classic media player. can anyone suggest me?