1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman's Million-Dollar Mistake

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by cryptdigr, Mar 9, 2004.

1. cryptdigr

cryptdigr Guest

COVINGTON, Ga. (AP) -- A woman was caught trying to use a fake $1 million bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at a Wal-Mart, and was later found with two more of the bills in her purse, police said.

The United States Treasury does not make $1 million bills, but people can buy souvenirs of such a bill at some stores, police said.

"It looks real, but of course there's nothing real about this," Covington Police Chief Stacey Cotton said Tuesday. "People do crazy things all the time. I think it's just another example of some odd things that occur."

A clerk at the store immediately noticed the bill was fake when 35-year-old Alice Regina Pike handed it to her on Friday, Cotton said.

Pike then tried to use two gift cards with only $2.32 of value on them to buy the merchandise, but when that didn't work she again asked if the clerk could cash the $1 million bill, Cotton said. The store then called police.

Pike, of Porterdale, was charged with forgery. There was no listing for her phone number in directory assistance, and she could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Covington is 32 miles southeast of Atlanta.

"Only in my hometown" .......... geez!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I just read this on azcenrtal.com before coming here.

When it comes to stupidity, the human race knows no bounds.

I just watched an episode of Cops the other day where some woman flags down the police because she bought a bag of crack that turned out to be a chunk of plaster instead of crack and she wanted the cops to get her money back. Go figure.

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

jeez there really are silly ppl out there I like watching criminals do the dumbest things

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

5. forkman

forkman Member

Ok maybe you guys in the Usa can tell me whether this tale is true or not,Last year after a bad forest fire somewhere a dead mans body was discovered dressed in full frogmans gear without one burn to his body and virtually every bone in his body broken.
    It turned out that he had been diving in one of the nearby lakes and had been scooped into the intake of one of the fire fighting planes fighting the fires.
    Now my mate swears blind that this is true but there must be some sort of grill or something to stop large objects entering the tank.
    Just wondering if this is an urban legand

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Yes, the Scuba Diver in the Forest Fire is an urban legend.

Look at:
    http://www.darwinawards.com/

and type the following into the search field:
    diver and fire

Have Fun...

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hee Hee, forkman.....

There are a view versions if that around, the version I heard was that the frogman was collected by a helicopter (fighting forest fire) from a nearby lake........but still, must be bloody frightening if it is true....

Just swimming around minding your own business, then up we go and down we go.......must have shit himself.....

There was another one.........Someone was found 'speared' to their kitchen wall with pasta after a storm........theory was that the storm (wind) was so severe that they had just split open a packet of pasta when the storm hit and impailed them with the pasta against the wall......some people are just really unlucky, cos you wouldn't think that was possible..............nothing amazes me anymore, no matter how sureal it maybe......

8. forkman

forkman Member

Thanks guy's just had a look at Darwinawards and had a good laugh, its now bookmarked.

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ok I am usually nice, but this woman is a freaken idiot!! Come on, who in there right mind would accept that or could even give change for it.

I have an american dollar with santa clause on it. I also have a couple american two dollar bills. These are real, the US treasury uses them to test the money flow. I still collect some types of Bank notes. Canada used to have a $1000 note has the highest, but now I think we are droping it. Ours money looks the coolest, and the new $100 will be out soon.
    http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/banknotes/general/character/1986.htm
    http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/banknotes/general/character/2004_100.htm

10. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

How stupid can you get. God, why would she think someone would be dumb enough to believe she actually goes shopping with a million bucks, besides she would have had to buy a wheelbarrow to collect her change...

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Searched around for a suitable thread fro the following, man I found it funny..........

KILLER BISCUITS WANTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER (the actual headline)

Lisa (edited, to avoid embarassment), 23, a resident of (edited for embarassment), was visiting her in-laws, and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries.

Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled
    Up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Lisa's eyes were now open, and she
    looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay and Lisa replied that
    she'd been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in
    for over an hour. The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car
    because the doors were locked and Lisa refused to remove her hands from her
    head.

When they finally got in, they found that Lisa had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the
    heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough
    hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it
    was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed
    out, but quickly recovered and tried to hold her brains in for over an hour
    until someone noticed and came to her aid.

Lisa is blonde

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I remember that one! How hilarious is that?!?

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes, I was just looking around for some funnies and came across it.

There are also some other funnies aswell as some interesting ones at http://www.exchangedlife.com