1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOMEN HISTORIANS!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Scarface!, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Scarface!

Scarface! Member

I have to do a project for my history class on an international woman of history. Does anyone know of a women who was a great influence such as a women scientist or anything else, that had nothing to do with america (u.s.)? I searched but couldnt find anyone other than U.S. related. Please dont give me the obvious such as the queen of england or princess diana or the obvious .

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Off the top of my head
    Madame Curie
    Joan of Arc
    Cleopatra

3. Scarface!

Scarface! Member

yeah but those people are the obvious. My classmates have already chosen those people so i have to choose someone else. Im looking for someone thats influenced the world alot but that noone really remembers or that noone would know much of. You see how you said "Off the top of my head "? i dont want people like that because they are known.

4. Scarface!

Scarface! Member

thanks for helping me though. I greatly appreciate it. Just if you have someone like i stated please tell me.

5. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Clara Barton founded "The Red Cross" so that should be a pretty good one... www.redcross.org/museum for the history and all you will need.

Rigoberta MenchĂș won the Nobel Prize and she should be a pretty good choice... go here:
    www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/1992/tum-bio.html

Here's another link with tons of historical women...
    www.mith2.umd.edu/WomensStudies/ReadingRoom/History/Biographies/

Here's a list of all the Nobel Prize winners, maybe you can find some more there...
    www.nobel.se/peace/laureates/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Burn, baby, BURN!"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2004
  6. Scarface!

Scarface! Member

thanks for the help 1Adonis4u and xian but i tried with madame curie (Marie Curie) and it was accepted.