1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

won a KLH R7000 receiver on Ebay...any good?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by majindan, Oct 8, 2004.

1. majindan

majindan Member

Just won a KLH R7000 receiver on ebay and was wondering if anyone has used a KLH receiver before? I've always used Kenwood with great results but I got a really good deal on this KLH. It has several s-video/optical inputs and is 6.1 surround. I couldn't find any reviews using google or msn searches. Is KLH manufactured by a bigger company?

2. funkball

funkball Member

I've seen KLH in Best Buy stores, and it's always positioned as the low-end option. I'm interested to see if the KLH receiver is any good as well since there are good deals on it.

3. Razz1234

Razz1234 Guest

Sorry to say this but KLH is VERY low end and uses the cheapest pieces to slam together a reciever made for the "garage"...Audio quality will be severly compromised.

4. funkball

funkball Member

Well, I ended up picking one up off ebay, and I'm actually pleased that I paid so little and was able to get what I did. It works pretty well.

The only advice is to move the subwoofer as far away from other electrical sources as to reduce/eliminate any low buzz noise from it when in surround mode.

If you already have speakers and can pay less than $80-$100(including shipping), then you'll probably be satisfied with it... as long as your not a serious audiophile.