1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wondering if this is possible?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by andeebee, Sep 3, 2004.

1. andeebee

andeebee Member

eliminating pregaps with mp3s in dat format?

Ok im not a total n00b when it comes 2 this area but of late ive been feeling really dumb and wouldnt mind some help! Im trying 2 burn some mp3 mixsets onto 2 disc in data format, each mixset is in track 4 track format, as in, its a continuous mix but broken up so as 2 allow u 2 skip from track 2 track. I know how 2 eliminate pregaps in normal audio mode, either by deleting them with DAO or inserting a cuesheet etc but im having great difficulties, attempting 2 delete them in data mode, is it possible? 4 example ile have about 5-10 folders with mixsets ranging any where from 30-2hrs mins all with track 2 track capability in audio mode but 4 some reason when i burn them in data format they still have the 2 sec pregaps. I have most of the recognised burning software like the latest nero, alcohol 120, roxio easy, cdrwin, etc etc but none of them seem 2 eliminate the gaps in data format!!!! HELP PLEASE
    ab

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

3. icuupoo

icuupoo Member

when you speak of "pregaps" do you mean the time between 2 songs or the few seconds of "nothing" in front and after a song ends?

If its about the pregap i don't have much clue. i think you can only eliminate pregaps on audio CDs not mp3 data discs.

if you are talking about the time before and after each song then first convert the mp3 into a wave and then use any wave editing programs to cut the head and tail off of each of ure songs.

4. andeebee

andeebee Member

Ok what i mean is the 2 sec pause between each track, i can eliminate it in audio format but it seems that no software will allow u 2 burn a mixset or any cd without those pregaps in data format. There's no point using an audio editor either, as most of the mixes are ripped from cd and dont need 2 b edited, they all work fine in audio format but im trying 2 squeeze them all in mp3 format on2 a data disc, like 5-10 mixes on 1 disc as opposed 2 just 1 filling up a 74-80 min cd.
    Thanx for the replies :>

5. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Try burning in DAO mode as opposed to TAO mode.

Also the point of using an audio edtor is that you can set up the finished item exactly how you want it, with crossfades and dissloves and everything, then save a big WAV file with a cue sheet for individual tracks.

Then burn that as data.

Simple.

6. andeebee

andeebee Member

lmao (no rudeness intended) um i have tried burning in DAO and TAO, same result and as far as joining it 2gether as 1 big wav file, um y? That kinda defeats the purpose of what im trying 2 do, if i wanted 2 burn the disc in wav format i would simply use nero or any of the recognised burning software 2 eliminate the pregaps, im trying 2 burn them in mp3 format on a data disc.

7. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Burning from a trip through a Wave editor will indeed give one big file, but you can always add in CD track markers - at least, you can in Wavelab and almost certainly in other apps too.
    Don't know how to do this in other applications but I don't believe for a minute that only wavelab has this option.