1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't load

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by miles417, Apr 2, 2005.

1. miles417

miles417 Member

I bought an ILO DVD recorder, and it worked great for a few weeks. Now, no matter what name brand DVDs I buy, they all fail when I put them into the recorder, so I cannot record anything. Does it need to be cleaned, or am I doind something wrong? Anyone else having this problem?

2. beckaj

beckaj Guest

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried clening mine and it did not do anything, I have also tried 2 different DVD+R discs, one of witch I know is on the ILO web site list of Discs to use and there was no change. I got mine for christmas in December and it started doing the same thing about 1-1 1/2 months after. I have not found any answers to what is wrong yet, but I know a lot of people are having problems with their ILO's and others love them. One guy said to just keeping returning them back to walmart until you get one that works. I will let you know if I find anything, if you could do the same. My e-mail is beckaj5446@yahoo.com. Thanks.

3. da3dalus

da3dalus Member

I had the same problem too. Like beckaj, mine was a christmas present. After several calls to tech support, where I was ceaselessly told the problem was my media, they finally allowed me to talk to "LEVEL TWO TECH SUPPORT". They had me dl all the firmware and install it, then actually sent me a disc of their own to try. I called them back and told them that the player said their disc was also invalid and they finally gave me an RMA to return the player. The most likely problem is a bad lens. All you can do is return it to Walmart or convince ilo to replace it.

4. miles417

miles417 Member

Can I return this thing to Wal-Mart even though I have no box or receipt anymore? I bought it in November. Any thoughts?