1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't Play

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by 69circles, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 69circles

69circles Guest

Ok I'm new to this so work with me but I'm using Divxtodvd to code and burn my movies but when I stick them in the dvd player they will not play! What am I doing wrong?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

We can't tell what you're doing wrong untill you give us more information.
    What program are you using to burn?
    What type of discs are you using?
    What speed are the discs rated at and what speed are you burning at?
    Is your firmware up to date?
    What name brand DVD burner are you using?
    This list can keep growing but for now can you provide this information?

3. 69circles

69circles Guest

I'm using Divxtodvd to code it and copytodvd to burn it and the disc are Maxell dvd-r 4.7gb 120 min. and up to 16x and the burn rate was on auto, dvd burner is lite on lite ( I think) came with the computer.

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

The more expensive dvd players can be very picky when it comes to DVD format, and quality of the media used. Dash R's are very widely accepted by standalone players. Plus R's can be booktyped (in some programs/burners) to DVD-ROM to be more widley compatible.

I'm not real familiar with these programs, to be honest. I typically use DvdFab Hd Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and ImgBurn. (all freeware)

Not a real good media here. Use the good stuff, you won't be sorry. Taiyo Yuden if you shop online, Verbatim if you shop in stores. Manually set your burn speed at half the speed of the disc. Or keep it between 6x and 8x.
    You should probably check for a firmware update for your burner as well.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008