1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wont read discs

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by japutie, Jun 15, 2007.

1. japutie

japutie Member

God dammit I seem to be the only one who has this problem. My dvd player in the device seems to be crapped out. a few weeks ago I kept putting my sony dvd+r discs in it to record from the HDD and it just reads the disc for 5 minutes and then ejects it. no matter what i did it would do that and then a few days later it started working but just for that day because now it's doing the same thing. It wont read these discs, and it almost never will play a regular dvd. I work at radioshack and was excited about it, i've got a lot of use out of it but it's been about a year and i expected it to last longer. i don't know what to do to get it to work. i suppose i should try some -r discs.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

it may not support +r/-r, make sure the reader is not jammed, if the film that moves the reader up and down so that it can read the disc's is twisted it wont work,

3. japutie

japutie Member

No, I don´t think it´s that. It works after 20 tries or so. one out of 20 times. the + discs work better i think. I doubt they´d do anything if i sent it back. just check it out and say it´s ok. Maybe i clean it again that will help.