1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

words dont match sound please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cujo6669, Jan 30, 2007.

1. cujo6669

cujo6669 Guest

ok I have a problem... for some reason when i back up my dvd's now some times when someone talks their mouth moves before the sound its like watchin a movie from china lol and also some points in the movie the picture looks all distorted and blotchie if thats a word lol I tryed to fix the problem by slowing the burn speed and speeding it up and nothing worked.. i have 2 dvd players and the movie works fine on one but on the other everything is off.. both dvd players are new within 4 months. I use memorex printable dvd's and i have no idea what my burner is I dont know how to tell what one it is lol... but if someone can tell me why the sound dont match when their lips move that would be great!!! could it be the dvd's?

2. travalon

travalon Regular member

right click "My Computer" select properties,hardware,device manager,dvd/cd-rom drives to find out what kind of burner you have. Next buy good media. I use sony and in the past have had good luck with TDK but people will tell you to stay away from those I think. Turn off all other programs. I.E. virus detection software and windows stuff try burning as slow as possible. Make sure your discs are clean. I had that problem once and reburned to fix it. r u using files or images?

3. cujo6669

cujo6669 Guest

Im useing RIDATA dvd's and my burner is GSA-4167B I have no idea if thats a good burner or not. I dont know what to do because dvd's i have burned like 3 or 6 months ago and watched and was perfect nolonger work! they start off workin but half way or at the end it freezes or little blocks all over the picture. I know its not my dvd players and i know its not the media because I tryed 4 differnt kinds now. I also dont think its my burner because some of the new moview i do like saw 3 works perfect. so i dont know what ta do if you think you know the problem please help... oh yeah and i burned them at 2x 4x 6x and 8x all the same...

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I'd say it's the media. Many junk brands like CMC and Princo fail to work after a short time. Buy some Verbatim -R's.

5. travalon

travalon Regular member

Sony's havent failed yet 4 me

6. Ajeff3

Ajeff3 Member

Okay Cujo6669 here is the your problem. It's not your DVD burner or nothing it's as simple as your settings. Play what ever movie you want, well you should used something that is burned. When the movie starts go to tools, then go to options. Click on the Performance tab. There should be a section that says video accleration. If it's at full that is your problem right there. The tab should be in the middle of none and full. After you click apply there will be a message saying that if you accept changes your media will restart. Click okay and the movie will start over, and your settings are now changed. Your movies should work okay now. How everything is setup all the settings are usually for the fastest, but the fastest is not always best. Therefor your movie was going faster than the sound. Let me know if it worked. Later

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

ITS YOUR MEDIA!

Buy better quality media. I am not sure how adjusting your video acceleration could help you play those movies in your 2 stand alone DVD players better. Infact it won't help anything at all (not even on your PC)! I'm sorry I don't usually comment on other peoples advice, but that was garbage.

Buy some quality media and you should see you problems disapear.
    Try some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims