1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about my r4ds and DS Lite bricking

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jerikh0, Sep 19, 2009.

1. jerikh0

jerikh0 Member

Hi I recently purchased a Nintendo DS Lite.

I also purchased an R4DS from amazon.com from a seller called diecast4u. The R4 i purchased is the regular one that supports 2gb(max) of micro sd card. I'm not entirely sure if its fake or not but the slot for the micro sd isn't spring loaded, you just push it in. The top of the r4 is straight and does not have the curved part where you put the sd card in also.

The thing is I put the kernel v1.18, the one from r4ds.cn and some roms and they all work fine. The r4 loads, it plays all the games i have downloaded so far, and they haven't frozen up on me yet.

I just want to know that even though the r4 works, fake or not, would it still possibly brick my ds? I am just worried, thanks for the responses.

2. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

no unlike the psps where you change the firmware on the consle itself, the firmware is on the card if it goes wrong remove whichever card you are using and the ds, ds lite goes back to normal, dsi may have problems as you can change the firmware.